EAPA Board of Directors Election - 2018
Call for Nominations
Meet the Candidates
In keeping with the EAPA Bylaws, the following positions for the EAPA Board of Directors are to be elected this year for the 2018 – 2020 term of service:
- President Elect
- Seven (7) At-Large Directors. Per EAPA bylaws at least one At-Large Director must be from organized labor, and at least one At-Large Director must be a non-U.S. member.
The role of 2018 – 2020 EAPA President will be assumed by Libby Timmons, 2016 – 2018 President Elect, and the role of Immediate Past President will be assumed by the 2016 – 2018 President, Tamara Cagney.
As in the previous three elections, the 2018 election will be conducted online.
The election process for 2018 is being managed by the EAPA 2018 Nominations Committee chaired by Immediate Past President Lucy Henry (Greenville, SC), and consists of the following committee members:
- Julia Bain – Albuquerque, NM
- Tinyiko Chabalala, South Africa
- Steve Haught, Chicago, IL
- Bryan Hutchinson – Highland Ranch, CO
- Dawn Klug, Asheville, NC
- Ron Pelletier, Fall River, MA
- Manuel Sommer, Portugal
- Bud Wassell, Easton, CT
Please take a moment to review a description of the election process, duties of the Nominations Committee, Board positions up for election and their associated duties and responsibilities, as well as a helpful FAQ section HERE.
Call for Nominations
The 2018 EAPA Board of Directors call for nominations is now closed.
The ballot is set, and the Voting Period of the election process will commence at 9 a.m. (EDT) on Tuesday August 14, 2018 with the transmission of emails to all EAPA voting eligible members with voting instructions and their respective login credentials to the election's voting website.
EAPA member categories eligible to vote include:
- U.S. Professional (PROF)
- Non-U.S. Professional Tier 1 (PROF1)
- Non-U.S. Professional Tier 2 (PROF2)
- U.S. Emerging Professional (EMPROF)
- Non-U.S. Emerging Professional Tier 1 (EMPROF1)
- Non-U.S. Emerging Professional Tier 2 (EMPROF2)
- Entity (PROFA)
- Emeritus (-EMERIT)
The voting period will run from August 14, 2018 through September 13, 2018. All voting will take place online and the ballot will be available 24/7 throughout the voting period.
Members may cast a single ballot, voting for all vacant Board positions:
- President Elect: select one
- Secretary Treasurer: select one
- At Large Director: select up to seven (7)
The EAPA bylaws require that for At Large Directors:
- At least one must be from Organized Labor (Organized Labor)
- At least one must reside outside of the U.S. (non-U.S.)
At Large Director candidates meeting either of those categories will be identified on the ballot. Please note that more than one from either, or both, of those categories may be voted for and elected.
Results of the election will be reported to the current EAPA Board of Directors on September 14, 2018 by the EAPA Nominations Committee.
The new Board of Directors will take office during the 2018 EAPA Conference & EXPO in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
You may direct questions or concerns during the Voting Period to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet the candidates!
Wednesday, May 9, 2018 - First day of nomination period
Tuesday, August 7, 2018 - Last day of nomination period
Wednesday, August 8, 2018 through Monday, August 13, 2018 - Ballot preparation
Tuesday, August 14 through Thursday, September 13, 2018 - Election period (online voting)
Saturday, October 13, 2018 - new BOD assumes office following the President's Address