Substance Abuse Professional (SAP)
Welcome! EAPA offers both US DOT/SAP Qualification/Requalification training and an online SAP Exam.
What Is a SAP?
How Do I Become a SAP?
DOT/SAP Qualification/Requalification Training
EAPA SAP training will prepare SAPs in providing services that follow DOT rules and regulations. The SAP Training is a 2-day, 14-hour event. The training runs from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM each day, with 15-minute AM/PM breaks, and 1-hour for lunch.
EAPA offers DOT/SAP Qualification/Requalification training throughout the year in various cities. See the 2019/2020 Schedule of Trainings below. Scroll down to register for in-person trainings. Hotel, trainer, and credit information is listed on each event registration page.
September 28 – 29, 2019: St. Louis, Missouri (EAPA 2019 St. Louis Conference & EXPO - Register Today!)
February 14 - 15, 2020: Las Vegas, Nevada (Registration coming soon)
April 24 - 25, 2020: Baltimore, Maryland (Registration coming soon)
October 30 - 31, 2020: Houston, Texas (EAPA 2020 Houston Conference & EXPO - Registration Opens Summer 2020)
EAPA Online SAP Exam
The EAPA online exam covers all of CFR part 40, including modal rules, Subpart O, and Substance Abuse Professional Guidelines. The exam contains 50 multiple choice questions. Online test takers will know their results immediately upon completion. Mail-in, hard-copy exams can be provided upon request. Please note, mail-in exams can take up to 2 weeks to receive results once returned to EAPA.
Save $50 by purchasing our training and online exam BUNDLE!
To Take the EAPA Online SAP Exam:
1. Purchase access to the exam (see “registration” below)
2. Receive an email with instructions on how to access the exam.
3. Complete the exam, and then email firstname.lastname@example.org confirming completion.
4. The exam score will be verified, and successful candidates will receive exam certificates via email.
Online RE-TEST Information:
Examinees who do not pass the exam are eligible to re-test (rates: $75/member, $100/non-member). There is no waiting period prior to a re-test except for time to process new test credentials. A different process new test credentials. A different version of the 50 question exam will be given each time the EAPA Online SAP exam is taken.
EAPA offers three registration options: 1) purchase both the training and the exam, 2) training only, or 3) exam only.
- Training & exam bundle pricing: $590 member; $620 non-member
- Training only pricing: $465.00 member; $495.00 non-member
- Exam only pricing: $175 member, $225 non-member
Click a link below to register accordingly:
SPECIAL TRAINING EVENTS:
EAPA is offering the DOT/SAP Qualification & Re-qualification training on September 28-29 at the EAPA 2019 St. Louis Conference!
To register for DOT/SAP Training at the EAPA 2019 St. Louis Conference:
- Click here to go to the conference registration page. You can register and pay online, or, submit a hardcopy registration form to email@example.com
- Select "DOT/SAP Training" from the "Post-Con" list. You do not need to register for any other conference events to attend the DOT/SAP training, but are encouraged to do so!