Join us at the magnificent Town and Country Resort & Convention Center hotel in San Diego, CA for the world's largest gathering of employee assistance professionals. This is the most intensive and comprehensive learning/networking opportunity dedicated to the growth of the employee assistance profession.
- Over 55 presentations and training courses!
- Earn up to 32 PDHs and CE contact hours!
- 100 exhibitors in the EAPA Marketplace!
- Meeting attendees from over 35 countries!
- Unlimited opportunities for learning and networking!
EAPA's 2015 Call for Proposals is open through February 20th, 2015!
What information could YOU present next fall in San Diego?
1) What are the most recent trends/latest challenges your EAP is facing? What has your organization done that would be helpful to others in the EAP field? What would you like to see more about in the conference? This is a great time to encourage EAP experts in your network to submit a proposal.
Proposal writers will have 85 characters for a catchy title and 350 words to present an idea to the Conference Program Planning Panel members. Each proposal will also include three (3) eighty (80) character behaviorally-based learning objectives. Learning objectives answer the question “As a result of attending this session attendees will be able to _____.” Here is a list of appropriate verbs for writing learning objectives. (http://www.schreyerinstitute.psu.edu/pdf/SampleVerbs_for_LearningObjectives.pdf) Please avoid words like, "understand", "know" and "learn".
2) Will you present by yourself, have co-presenters, or will you put together an expert panel? You'll need to prepare 250 words that explain how your training/expertise applies to the topic at hand. For each presenter you'll need their contact information, a current resume or CV, and a 50 word bio. You can add presenters after you make your initial submission.
3) Don't skimp - use all of the text you're allowed. Well written submissions have the greatest chance for success! A paragraph isn't enough information for the panel to evaluate how you'll use 75 minutes of presentation time!
EAPA's 2015 Annual World EAP Conference is the single best investment you can make in your own professional growth and success.
Bonus: In California all licensed mental health professionals must have 5 hours of "law and ethics." Pre-conference training course opportunity?
For information about exhibiting and other conference visibility opportunities, contact Joan Treece, Advertising Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-242-2046.