EAPA STANDARDS AND PROFESSIONAL GUIDELINES
FOR EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
The purpose of these Employee Assistance Professionals Association (EAPA) Standards and Professional Guidelines for Employee Assistance Programs is to:
- Define employee assistance programs and the EA profession;
- Promote the highest quality employee assistance programs;
- Provide the foundation for program evaluation and accreditation;
- Describe the scope of employee assistance services;
- Educate purchasers of employee assistance services;
- Operationalize program standards, guidelines and definitions; and
- Serve the needs of the EAPA membership and other professionals.
This document identifies a coordinated set of policies, procedures, and activities. When designing its EAP, each organization applies these standards and professional guidelines based on its own unique mission, operation and culture.
Click HERE to download a copy of the 2010 EAPA Standards and Professional Guidelines for Employee Assistance Programs.