Top of Page
THE JOURNAL OF EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE ARCHIVE
Welcome to the Journal of Employee Assistance Archive. Beginning with the third quarter of 2007, articles from every Journal of Employee Assistance issue are archived in HTML format, available to EAPA members only. The HTML format will make it possible to search content via the EAPA website's SEARCH function. Prior to the third quarter of 2007, every JEA issue going back to the first quarter of 2005 is available in pdf format.
Vol. 44 no. 3 - 3rd Quarter 2014 - view an electronic version of this issue (EAPA members only)
- Decades Later, ‘Pot’ Remains Controversial - Maria Lund, LEAP, LPC, CEAP
- Tips on Arranging an Uninvited Consultation - Jeffrey Harris, MFT, CEAP
- Best EA Practices for an Online World - Marina London, LCSW, CEAP
- Marijuana in the Workplace: A Growing Issue - Tamara Cagney, Christopher E. Knoepke, and David W. Mitchell
- Prescription Painkiller Abuse & its Impact on EAPs - Pablo McCabe and Jeff Mangrum
- Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy - A New Trend in EAPs? - Igor Moll
- Technology & EAP: Engaging and Motivating the New Workforce - John C. Pompe, Psy.D., SPHR and Dave Sharar, Ph.D.
- The ACA and Beyond - Bernie McCann
Vol. 44 no. 2 - 2nd Quarter 2014 - view an electronic version of this issue (EAPA members only)
- Innovative Approaches to a Troubling Problem - Maria Lund, LEAP, LPC, CEAP
- Tech Trends - Five Websites You Should Know About - Marina London, LCSW, CEAP
- Coping with Suicide in the Workplace - Jeffrey Harris, MFT, CEAP
- Legal Lines - Business Associate Agreements Require Immediate Attention - Sandra G. Nye, J.D., MSW
- Innovative Program Takes Offbeat Approach to Grim Issue - Sally Spencer-Thomas, Jarrod Hindman and Joe Conrad
- Suicide Prevention - Addressing Suicide Risk in a University Setting - Carol Wozniak-Rebhuhn, M.A., LMFT and Marizen Ramirez, Ph.D.
- Mergers and Acquisitions Part II - Stanford W. Granberry, Ph.D., Richard L. Bozzelli, CPA and John Burke, MA
- EAP Response to Suicide in Japan - Kaoru Ichikawa, PhD, CEAP and Ayumi Nishikawa, CEAP
- Positive Psychology Coaching – EAP’s Next Wave? - Mickey Parsons, M.Ed., MCC, CEAP
Vol. 44 no. 1 - 1st Quarter 2014 - view an electronic version of this issue (EAPA members only)
- Matching Treatments to Individual Clients - Maria Lund, LEAP, LPC, CEAP
- Managing By Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt - Jeffrey Harris, MFT, CEAP
- New Paradigms in Views Toward Addictions - Bernie McCann, PhD, CEAP
- Gambling’s Impact on the Workplace - Tom Broffman, PhD, CEAP, SAP
- The Evolving Role of EAP in Addiction Treatment - Brad McNaught, M.Div., LADC, CEAP
- There are Many Roads to Recovery - Tamara Cagney, Ed.D., MA, BSN
Vol. 43 no. 4 - 4th Quarter 2013 - view an electronic version of this issue (EAPA members only)
- The Growing Telehealth Movement - Maria Lund, LEAP, LPC, CEAP
- How Much Will Social Media Cost Your EAP? - Marina London, LCSW, CEAP
- EAPA Introduces New Certificate - EAS-C Meets Entry-Level Need - Jan Price, LCSW, CEAP
- Recovery 2.0 - Enhancing Treatment with Technology - Emil Chiauzzi, PhD and Cristina Los, B.S.
- Spanning Borders - Paul Wittes and Barb Veder
- Videoconferencing in the EA Field - Thomas A. Farris, PhD and Stanford W. Granberry, PhD
- CAR - An Emerging Model for EA Research - Daniel Hughes, PhD, CEAP
- Spiritual Wellness in the Workplace - Paul P. Jesep, JD, MPS, MA
- Workplace Bullying & the Reluctant Manager - Jeffrey Harris, MFT, CEAP
Vol. 43 no. 3 - 3rd Quarter 2013 - view an electronic version of this issue (EAPA members only)
- Providing a Ray of Hope during Dark Times - Maria Lund, LEAP, LPC, CEAP
- On-site Crisis Support - John Arnold, Ph.D., CEAP
- Standing on Shaky Ground - Warwick Harvey
- Using Social Media to Manage a Disaster - Marina London, LCSW, CEAP
- Position Leaders to Lead - Bob VandePol, MSW
- The Warning Signs of Compassion Fatigue - Deb Kosmer
- EAP Critical Incident Response - Robert Intveld
- Layoffs & Firings When Violence is a Concern - Bruce T. Blythe
- EAPs Respond to HIPAA Rules - Sandra G. Nye, J.D., MSW
- The Patriots’ Day Bombing - Charlene G. Gooch, Ph.D., MFT
Vol. 43 no. 2 - 2nd Quarter 2013 - view an electronic version of this issue (EAPA members only)
- Navigating the Complex M&A Process - Maria Lund, LEAP, LPC, CEAP
- Legal Lines: New HIPAA Final Rule - Sandra G. Nye, J.D., MSW
- BIG: Blip or Historic Moment? - Patricia A. Herlihy, Ph.D, RN and Judith H. Mickenberg, LICSW
- On-site Versus Off-site EAPs - David A. Sharar, John C. Pompe & Mark Attridge
- Breaking Up Is Hard To Do - Jeffrey Harris, MFT, CEAP
- Mergers & Acquisitions - A Neglected Area of EAP Literature - Stanford W. Granberry, Ph.D., Richard L. Bozzelli, CPA & John J. Burke, MA
- Tech Trends - New Media Medicine - Marina London, LCSW, CEAP
- Professional Memory Loss - Daniel Hughes, Ph.D., CEAP
- Future of Recovery Monitoring - Technology Enhanced Aftercare - Miles Murdaugh, M.A., CEAP and Jared Friedman, M.A.
Vol. 43 no. 1 - 1st Quarter 2013 - view an electronic version of this issue (EAPA members only)
- 2013: Welcome to Health Care Reform - Maria Lund, LEAP, LPC, CEAP
- Finding Chi - Providing Culturally Competent EAP Services - Paul Yin and Ian Shakespeare
- Health Care Overhaul Impact of Disclosure Requirements on EAPs - Puneet Leekha, J.D.
- EAP and SAP - Similar But Not the Same - Tamara Cagney, Ed.D., M.A., B.S.N.
- Emotionally Intelligent Decision Making - Jeffrey Harris, MFT, CEAP
- The New Paradigm & the DOT/SAP Process - Reed A. Morrison, Ph.D., and Robert L. DuPont, M.D.
- Marketing Matters - Presentation Skills that Result in Action - Shelley Plemons
Vol. 42 no. 4 - 4th Quarter 2012 - view an electronic version of this issue (EAPA members only)
- Critical Incident Needs Can Vary Widely - Maria Lund, LEAP, LPC, CEAP
- Impact of Health Care Reforms on EAPs - David Worster, LICSW, LISW-CP, CEAP
- Legal Lines - EAPs & the Affordable Care Act - Sandra G. Nye, J.D., MSW
- Saying Goodbye to the Mitchell Model - Tonya Teal Slawinski, Ph.D.
- Social Media Marketing Stats and Facts - Marina London, LCSW, CEAP
- Reflections of Japan - Responding to the Most Expensive Natural Disaster in History - Nancy Board
- Increasing the Effectiveness of EAP Response to Bank Crimes - Jeff Gorter, MSW and Bernie McCann, Ph.D., CEAP
- Tools for Building Supervisory Skills in Managers - Jeffrey Harris, MFT, CEAP
- A New Direction in Wellness Serious Illness Increasing in Workplace - RaeAnn Thomas
Vol. 42 no. 3 - 3rd Quarter 2012 - view an electronic version of this issue (EAPA members only)
- Using Understanding to Overcome Barriers - Maria Lund, LEAP, LPC, CEAP
- EAP in Latin America - Eduardo Lambardi & Jenny Espinoza
- Legal Lines - Client's Rights & a Professional's Values - Sandra G. Nye, J.D., MSW
- The Venezuelan Case - Jenny Espinoza
- EAP in Vietnam - Bente Sternberg, MSW
- EAP Purchasing Preferences - Bernie McCann, Ph.D., CEAP, Deirdre Hiatt, Ph.D., Vanessa Azzone, Ph.D., and Elizabeth Merrick, Ph.D., MSW
- Engagement Success - Jeffrey Harris, MFT, CEAP
- Supervisor and Manager Training - Tamara Cagney, Ed.D, M.A., B.S.N.
- Tech Trends - On the Internet, Nobody Knows You're a Dog - Marina London, LCSW, CEAP
Vol. 42 no. 2 - 2nd Quarter 2012 - view an electronic version of this issue (EAPA members only)
- Taking Stock of Our Profession - Maria Lund, LEAP, LPC, CEAP
- Technology Trends - How Much Does a Website Cost? - Marina London, LCSW, CEAP
- Legal Lines - Online & Phone EAP Services - Sandra G. Nye, J.D., MSW
- SBI Effort Making a
BIG Difference - Eric Goplerud, Ph.D.
- The CEAP at 25 - Bernard E. Beidel, M.Ed., CEAP
- Addressing Cybersex - Weston M. Edwards, Ph.D.
- At 25, the CEAP Credential Expands Globally - Bernie McCann, Ph.D., CEAP
- Consulting with the Trauma-Impacted Manager - Jeffrey Harris, MFT, CEAP
- Licensure Issue Must Continue to Evolve - Bob Carton, M.S., CEAP
Vol. 42 no. 1 - 1st Quarter 2012 - view an electronic version of this issue (EAPA members only)
- Front Desk - Overcoming Obstacles in the New Year - Maria Lund, LEAP, LPC, CEAP
- Developing Business Acumen for Greater Credibility - Jeffrey Harris, MFT, CEAP
- Assessing Municipal Leadership & Organization - Jane de Colgyll, MEd, LSW, CEAP
- Technology Trends: Dunbar's Number - Marina London, LCSW, CEAP
- Developing a Workplace Suicide Prevention Program - Sally Spencer-Thomas, Psy.D.
- Business Structures in Private Practice - Part II - Sandra G. Nye, J.D., MSW
- The State of EAP - David A. Sharar, Ph.D., Tom Bjornson & Alex Mackenzie, MFT, CEAP
- Future Trends in EAP - Mark Attridge, Ph.D., M.A. & John Burke, M.A.
- Commentary on the State of EAP & Future Trends in EAP
Vol. 41 no. 4 - 4th Quarter 2011
- Front Desk - Technology Is Here to Stay - Maria Lund, LEAP, LPC, CEAP
- Using Social Media to Manage Disaster - Marina London, LCSW, CEAP
- A New Beginning - Reflections of an EAP Consultant a Decade After 9/11 - Edward J. Haaz, LPC, ABMPP, MEd
- The Emerging Role of E-Therapy - Mark Attridge Ph.D., M.A.
- Making Clinical Assessments Online - Reid E. Klion, Ph.D.
- Weight Loss Surgery: From Obesity to Alcoholism? - Thomas J. Brady, M.D. and Asa DeMatteo, Ph.D.
- Bringing Structure to the Consulting Interview - Jeffrey Harris, MFT, CEAP
- Training the Next Generation - Daniel Hughes, Ph.D., CEAP
- A Case for EAP in the Indian Workplace - Jane Henry, Ph.D.
- Business Structures in Private Practice - Part I - Sandra G. Nye, J.D., MSW
Vol. 41 no. 3 - 3rd Quarter 2011
- Front Desk - 9/11: Can it Really be 10 Years Ago? - Maria Lund, LEAP, LPC, CEAP
- Technology - 9/11/01 - 9/11/11 - Marina London, LCSW, CEAP
- Ten Years Later - The Impact of 9/11: A Decade of Change - John Tuttle, LCSW, CADC, CEAP, SAP and Bryan Hutchinson, CEAP, SAP, LAPC, NCAC II
- 9/11 Q & A With Peter Schweitzer
- Emotional Healing from Disaster in the Workplace - Carol S. North, MD, MPE
- Law and Ethics – Social Media Issues - Sandra G. Nye, J.D., MSW
- Reflections of Resilience - Earthquake, Tsunami, and Chilean Miners - Maria Elena Subercaseaux
- Observing the DOs and DON’Ts of Management Consulting - Jeffrey Harris, MFT, CEAP
- Helping Targets & Their Employers Effectively Resolve Workplace Bullying - Catherine M. Mattice, MA
- EAP Involvement in Fitness for Duty Evaluations - David C. Fisher
Vol. 41 no. 2 - 2nd Quarter 2011
- Front Desk - Making Mental Health Matter - Maria Lund, LEAP, LPC, CEAP
- Are EAPs Subject to Parity? - Renee M. Popovits, JD and Kelly T. Whelan, JD
- Learning the Culture of Your Customer Organization - Jeffrey Harris, MFT, CEAP
- Asperger’s Syndrome at Work - Barbara Bissonnette
- New Developments in HIPAA and HITECH - Sandra G. Nye, J.D., MSW
- Psychologists Nationalised in Australia - Imelda Healy, MS
- Social Media Literacy - Marina London, LCSW, CEAP
- Employee Engagement and EAPs - Chester J. Taranowski, Ph.D, CEAP
- A New Model in Crisis Care and Response - Gary Yeast, LMFT
Vol. 41 no. 1 - 1st Quarter 2011
- Front Desk - Forging Ahead in 2011 - Maria Lund, LEAP, LPC, CEAP
- Technology Trends - Should You Blog? - Marina London, LCSW, CEAP
- Legal Lines - EAPs and SAPs - Sandra G. Nye, J.D., MSW
- Effective Management Consulting - Defining Management Consulting in Employee Assistance - Jeffrey Harris, MFT, CEAP
- Veterans in the Workplace - Jon Christensen, LPC, CEAP
- Delivering EAP Through a More Holistic, Strategic and Integrative Approach - Liliana Dias, MS and Sandra Monteiro, MBA
- Identifying and Treating Employees With Personality Disorders - Shulamith Lala A. Straussner, Ph.D., LCSW, CEAP and Drew Lee, LMSW
- Building a Bridge to the Credibility Gap - Roger Wapner, Ph.D., CEAP
Vol. 40 no. 4 - 4th Quarter 2010
- Front Desk - Defining Success in a Changing World - Maria Lund, LEAP, LPC, CEAP
- Technology Trends - Incorporating Social Media in Your EAP or Practice - Marina London, LCSW, CEAP
- Legal Lines - Is EAP an ERISA-covered Benefit? - Sandra G. Nye, J.D., MSW
- SBIRT at Work: the "BIG" Initiative - Eric Goplerud, Ph.D. and Tracy L. McPherson, Ph.D.
- Part 3 of 3: Taking the Productivity Path to ROI - Mark Attridge, Ph.D., M.A.
- The Key Role of Participant
Observation in Organizational Consultation - Daniel Hughes, Ph.D., CEAP
- Conducting an EAP Evaluation Using the Workplace Outcome Suite - Richard Lennox, Ph.D., David Sharar, Ph.D. and John Burke, M.A.
- What EAPs Should Know About the
DOT & SAP Process - Lee Mauk, M.Ed., CEAP
Vol. 40 no. 3 - 3rd Quarter 2010
- Front Desk - Framing a New Vision - Maria Lund, LEAP, LPC, CEAP
- Using Mutual-Help Groups to Address Alcohol Problems - John F. Kelly, Ph.D., and Julie D. Yeterian, B.A.
- The New EAP: A Health Plan Advisor - Zachary Meyer, M.A.
- Delivering Brief Alcohol-Related Interventions in Telephonic EAPs - Gregory L. Greenwood, Ph.D., M.P.H.; Eric Goplerud, Ph.D.; Tracy L. McPherson, Ph.D.; Francisca Azocar, Ph.D.; Eugene M. Baker, Ph.D.; and Sherri Dybdahl, M.A.
- Helping Adoptees Reconnect with Their Birth Parents - Teresa J. Petersen, LCSW, CEAP, SAP
- Taking the Pareto Path to ROI - Mark Attridge, Ph.D., M.A.
- Technology Trends - The iGeneration: Coming Soon to an EAP Near You - Marina London, LCSW, CEAP
Vol. 40 no. 2 - 2nd Quarter 2010
- Front Desk - Building a Better Magazine - Maria Lund, LEAP, LPC, CEAP
- Improving Treatment Outcomes through Drug Interventions - Fred Newman
- Telephonic Counseling and State Licensing Laws - David A. Sharar, Ph.D., Renée Popovits, J.D., and Elizabeth Donohue, J.D.
- EAP Cost-Benefit Research: 20 Years after McDonnell Douglas - Mark Attridge, M.A., Ph.D.
- The Economic Recession and Intimate Partner Violence - Sheetal Ranjan, Ph.D., and Chitra Raghavan, Ph.D.
- The Evidence-based Practice Continuum in Employee Assistance - Wolfgang Seidl, M.D., DipC., MBACP
- Technology Trends - Social Media: How Many Should You Use? - Marina London, LCSW, CEAP
Vol. 40 no. 1 - 1st Quarter 2010
Vol. 39 no. 4 - 4th Quarter 2009
- Front Desk - Positioning Your EAP for the Recovery - Maria Lund, LEAP
- Intervention Strategies for Evidence-Based EAPs - Richard M. Weiss
- Is Addiction a Disease? - Richard S. Sandor, M.D.
- Depression: A Lot Bigger Than You Think - Thomas Parry, Ph.D. and William Molmen, J.D.
- Helping HR Professionals Boost Resiliency Skills - Kathleen Greer
- Measuring Workplace Outcomes in EAPs - Richard Lennox Ph.D., David Sharar, Ph.D., and John Burke, M.A.
- Social Media: The EA Professional's Role - Wendy McMillan, LPC, CEAP
Vol. 39 no. 3 - 3rd Quarter 2009
- Front Desk - Moving Forward in New Directions - Maria Lund, LEAP
- Do ‘Free’ EAPs Offer Discernible Value? - John Burke, M.A., and David A. Sharar, Ph.D.
- The New EAP Purchasing Realities - Richard S. Citrin, Ph.D., M.B.A.
- Commodity or Craft: The Choice is Ours - Thomas M. Fauria, Ph.D., CEAP
- Using Incentives to Keep Workers Healthy - Katherine H. Capps and Jeri G. Kubicki
- Understanding Complementary and Alternative Medicine - Katy Danielson, M.P.H.
- Promoting Resiliency from Within - Katrina Fowler, CEAP, LCDC
Vol. 39 no. 2 - 2nd Quarter 2009
- Front Desk - The Courage to Change the Things We Can - Maria Lund, LEAP
- Diabetes and Aging in the Workplace - Marcia Draheim, RN, CDE, and Sandra Drozdz Burke, Ph.D., RN, CDE, BC-ADM
- Recovering from Workplace Traumatic Events - Pat Burton, M.S.W.; Jeff Gorter, M.S.W., CAC; and Rich Paul, M.S.W., CEAP
- The Changing Nature and Future of EAPs - Dave Sharar, Ph.D.
- Navigating the Winds of Uncertainty - R. Michael Westbay, LISW, ACSW and Gabrielle F. Sarfaty, M.A., PMHC, NBCC
- Sexual Health and the EA Professional - Weston Edwards, Ph.D
- Sex and Love Addiction on the Internet - Eric Griffin-Shelley, Ph.D.
Vol. 39 no. 1 - 1st Quarter 2009
- Front Desk - An Owner’s Manual for a Recession - Maria Lund, LEAP
- Advocating for a Positive Workplace - Chet Taranowski, Ph.D., CEAP
- Responding to Workers’ Financial Crises - Deborah Price
- Using Web 2.0 to Benefit EA Professionals - Marina London, LCSW, CEAP
- Providing Training for EAP Affiliates - Paula Gomez Hertz
- Responding to the Economic Crisis - Dan Pitzer, LCSW, LCADC, CEAP
- Minimizing the Impact of Layoffs on Front-line Managers - Leon Grunberg, Ph.D., Sarah Moore, Ph.D., and Edward Greenberg, Ph.D.
Vol. 38 no. 4 - 4th Quarter 2008
- Front Desk - Opportunities for the Taking - Maria Lund, LEAP
- Adding Prevention to the EAP Core Technology - by Joel B. Bennett, Ph.D., and Mark Attridge, Ph.D.
- Substance Abuse, Health Problems, and Sleep - Mary Hill, LCSW, CEAP
- Using Films as an Adjunctive Treatment in Psychotherapy - Danny Wedding, Ph.D., M.P.H.
- Collaborating within the Work Organization - Jennifer Shotlander, LCSW, CEAP
- The Human Dimensions of the Business Cycle - Susan K. Friedman
- Integrating Conflict Resolution into EAPs - Sherrill Hayes, Ph.D.
- New Approaches to Drug-Free Workplace Programs - Chris O’Neill, R.N., D.Min., and Joel Bennett, Ph.D.
Vol. 38 no. 3 - 3rd Quarter 2008
- Front Desk - Mind, Body, and Employee Assistance - Maria Lund, LEAP
- The Limitations of Traditional EAP Metrics - Susan C. Westgate, M.S.W., LGSW
- Developing a Trauma-Informed EAP Assessment - Susan Polyot, M.Ed., CEAP
- Divorce, Presenteeism, and Mediation - Sam Margulies, Ph.D.
- Reducing Burnout among Hospital Professionals - Seval Akgun, M.D., Ph.D., A.F. Al-Assaf, M.D., M.P.H., and Coskun Bakar, M.D
- Preventing or Reducing Common Health Problems - W. Dennis Derr, Ed.D., SPHR
- Addressing the Health Needs of Older Workers - Deborah DiGilio, M.P.H.
Vol. 38 no. 2 - 2nd Quarter 2008
- Front Desk - Our Mission and Business Should Drive Technology - Maria Hartley, LEAP
- Preparing for the Challenges of Research - John C. Pompe, Psy.D., CEAP, SPHR, and David Sharar, Ph.D.
- Do EAPs Work for Employers on Long Island? - Peter M. Mulligan
- Providing Alcohol Education in the Workplace - Suzanne Thomas, Ph.D., and Jeni Bowers Palmer, M.Ed., LPC
- Working with Hispanic Clients - Paul Esquilin
- The Lessons of ‘Free’ EAPs - John Burke, CEAP
- Bridging the Digital Divide - Rob Salkowitz
- Using Technology in Mass Disasters - Robert Vandepol, M.S.W., and Betty Gilmore, Psy.D.
Vol. 38 no. 1 - 1st Quarter 2008
- Front Desk - Four Generations, One Workforce - Maria Hartley, LEAP
- Reducing Stress among Female Workers - Andrew Armatas, M.A., D.C.H
- Helping Employees Return to Work - Deborah Jacobs
- Psychological Fitness for Duty and Risk Assessment in Ireland - Maurice Quinlan, David Fisher, Ph.D., and Tom Murphy, CEAP, NCC
- European Purchasers’ Attitudes toward EAPs - Kate Nowlan
- Winning with Cross-Generational Teams - Mickey Parsons, MCC, M.Ed., CEAP
- Generation-Specific Motivational Strategies - Alisa Blum, M.S.W.
- Understanding Adults with Learning Disabilities - Paul J. Gerber, Ph.D.
Vol. 37 no. 4 - 4th Quarter 2007
Vol. 37 no. 3 - 3rd Quarter 2007
- Front Desk - The Big Picture - Maria Hartley, LEAP
- Presenting the Business Case - Jeff Christie, LCSW, CEAP, and Kirk Harlow, Dr. P.H.
- Demonstrating EAP Value - Donald G. Jorgensen, Ph.D., CEAP
- Answering 10 Questions - Mark Attridge, Ph.D.
- Anti-Stigma Campaign Targets Young Adults - Terry Cline, Ph.D.
- Changing Sex at Work - Pamela A. Wyss, LICSW, CEAP
- Using EAPs at Small Businesses - Kris J. Siemer, M.S., and Rochelle L. Dalla, Ph.D.
- An Integrated Approach to Behavioral Health - Pamela Caggianelli, RN, CDMS, and Marcia Carruthers, M.B.A., CPDM
Vol. 37 no. 2 - 2nd Quarter 2007
- Front Desk - Staying on the Employer Spreadsheet - Maria Hartley, LEAP
- Helping Employees with Financial Problems - Chris Wilburn
- Avoiding Family Responsibilities Discrimination - Christine E. Dickson, Ph.D.
- Can a Systems Approach Work? - Joan Rinner, LMFT, Teresa Kulper, LISW, LMFT, and Carol Wozniak-Rebhuhn, LMFT
- Addressing Psychological Fitness for Duty - John Hyatt, LCSW, CEAP
- Reducing the Risks of Substance Abuse - James W. Kendall, LCSW, CEAP, and Laura M. Gatrell, LEAP, CEAP
- Using Online Health Risk Assessments - Kristin M. Baker, David M. DeJoy, Ph.D., and Mark G. Wilson, M.S., H.S.D.
- EAP Ethics: The Field Speaks - the EAPA Ethics Committee
Vol. 37 no. 1 - 1st Quarter 2007
Vol. 36 no. 4 - 4th Quarter 2006
- Front Desk - Providing Us with Direction - Maria Hartley, LEAP
- Crises Facing the EAP Field - David A. Sharar and Dale A. Masi, Ph.D.
- Ensuring Civil Discussions about Politics and Elections - P. M. Forni, Ph.D.
- Disaster and Terrorism Survival Planning - Michael R. Hurst, M.S., CSAC, CEAP
- Disaster Preparedness in the 21st Century - Nancy T. Vineburgh, M.A., et al
- Addressing “EAP Conditions” - Eric Goplerud, Ph.D.
- Ensuring the Best Talent - Georgia Patrick
- Integrating to Improve Productivity - by Ron Goetzel, Ph.D., and Ron Ozminkowski
Vol. 36 no. 3 - 3rd Quarter 2006
- Front Desk - We’re Only Human - Maria Hartley, LEAP
- Coping with Stress during Disaster Response - W. David Eidt, M.A., LPC, CEAP
- Putting It In Writing - Jack Boghosian, Ph.D.
- Marriage Education in the Workplace - Howard J. Markman, Ph.D., Jack Myrick, and Marcie A. Pregulman
- The Policy-Practice Gap - Tamara Cagney, R.N., M.F.T., CEAP
- Challenges Facing External EAPs - Lisa Newman Bevington, SPHR, CEAP
- Normalizing Supervisory EAP Training - Patrick Tiner, M.S.W., LCSW, LCDC, LMFT
- Adjusting to Cultural Differences - Tony Buon, CEAP
Vol. 36 no. 2 - 2nd Quarter 2006
- Front Desk - Be Proactive, Not Reactive - Maria Hartley, LEAP
- Supporting Pregnant Women and Mothers - Virginia Matthews
- Employer Initiatives to Stop Smoking - Mary Hill, LCSW, CEAP
- Gaining a Seat at the Table - Richard J. Ottenstein, Ph.D., CEAP, CTS and Jodi M. Jacobson, Ph.D., LCSW-C, CEAP
- Responding to an Industrial Disaster - Jim McAninch, CEAP, SAP, CTR, CTSS
- Assisting Rural Employees Following Critical Events - Brenda A. Wiens, Ph.D., and Ronald H. Rozensky, Ph.D., ABPP
- The United Kingdom: Practical Support and Expert Assessment - Kate Nowlan
- Australia: Rethinking the Strict CISM Model - Robin Smith, CEAP
Vol. 36 no. 1 - 1st Quarter 2006
Vol. 35 no. 4 - 4th Quarter 2005
- Front Desk - Bringing Out the Best - Maria Hartley, LEAP
- Conflict Management and the Core Technology - Patricia M. Porter, LCSW and Cecily Sawyer-Harmon, LCSW, CEAP
- Improving the Return-to-Work Process - Bob Kovalesky, MFT, CEAP
- Integrating Faith and Work - David Miller, M.Div., Ph.D.
- The Real Cost of Sleep Debt - Stanley Coren, Ph.D., FRSC
- Assisting Employees in Dangerous Locations - Evangelina B. Hammonds, LCSW
- Helping Employees Make Informed Decisions - Nance Moeller-Roy, R.N.
- Ensuring a Healthy Older Workforce - Shari McMahan, Ph.D.
Vol. 35 no. 3 - 3rd Quarter 2005
- Front Desk - Our Foundation and Our Opportunity - Maria Hartley, LEAP
- Presenteeism: Taking an Integrated Approach - Marybeth Stevens, M.S., CDMS, CCM, CRC, and Norman Hursh, Sc.D, CRC, CVE
- Gender Discrimination in Employee Assistance? - Erin Gilbert
- Forming Effective Alliances with IPPs - Stanley L. Denton, LCSW, CEAP, and Martha E. Brown, M.D.
- SAP Services: A Natural Extension of EAPs - Sue Tignor, LSW, CEAP, Richard Hoernemann, LPC, CEAP, and Linda Lindsey, LPC, CEAP
- Pursuing Optimal Health in Recovery - John Newport, Ph.D., CEAP
- The Changing Focus in Australia - Peter Holland, Ph.D.
Vol. 35 no. 2 - 2nd Quarter 2005
- The Vital Work of Planning and Training for Disasters - Maria Hartley, LEAP
- Kidnapping: How Can EAPs Intervene? - Eduardo Villar Concha
- Online Screening for Alcohol Use - Marc Belanger, M.A.
- Auditing Disaster Prevention - William F. Badzmierowski, M.Ed.,CSW
- Disasters: Think, Plan, and Act - Rocky Lopes
- Gender and Disasters - Brenda D. Phillips, Ph.D.
- The EAP Critical Incident Continuum - Jodi M. Jacobson, Ph.D., CEAP; Jan Paul, LMHC, CEAP; and Dorothy Blum, Ph.D., CEAP
Vol. 35 no. 1 - 1st Quarter 2005
- New Strategies for Older Workers - Maria Hartley, LEAP
- To Party or Not to Party - George Manning, Ph.D.
- Promoting Healthy Weight - Kathy Greco, CSW, Rich Paul, ACSW, CEAP, and Brent Pawlecki, M.D.
- Internet Addiction Prevention and Education - Kimberly S. Young, Psy.D.
- Benefits Strategies for Aging Workers - Cathy Leibow, B.S., M.B.A.
- Aging Workers, Changing Value - Barbara Jaworski, B.Sc., M.B.A.
- A Preventive Approach to Retirement - Andrea Lardani and Raul Correa
To order reprints of a specific article, contact firstname.lastname@example.org