Date: October 6, 2020
Time: 12:00 - 1:30pm, ET
PDH: 1.5 PDH, Domain II
Instructor: Tamara Cagney
EAPA Advanced DOT SAP Series
What would you do?
- “I cant find the employees “invite” in the FMCSA Clearinghouse”
- ” The employee tested positive but just bought his own rig to work for himself. “
- “The driver just failed his pre-employment test and the DER won’t talk to me”
- “The CDL holder got a DUI in her personal car but can’t figure out how to use the Clearinghouse”
- “The treatment program won’t talk to me”
- “The driver said he was told he had to pay for his return to duty test”
- “They already completed treatment before they came to see me”
- “The treatment program says she is participating and benefiting from treatment, but she still hasn’t tested negative for THC”.
EAPA is excited to launch a new Advanced DOT SAP Series. This will be a case-based seminar with each monthly 90-minute session based on SAP experiences.
We will be using the SAP Guidelines, Part 40, and modal rules to help us solve the puzzles SAPs have encountered.
CEUs will be awarded for each 90-minute session.
A minimum of 2 years of SAP experience is required.
You must have a computer and camera to join the zoom series.
November 3, 2020
December 7, 2020
Cost: $60/Members, $90/Non-members
About the Instructor
Dr. Tamara Cagney is a certified employee assistance professional, serving as internal EAP for Sandia National Laboratories, Livermore, California.
She has over 40 years in both the public and private sectors, in unionized and non-unionized settings. As a distinguished member of the laboratory staff, Tamara has been with Sandia since 2000. She holds a Bachelor of Science in nursing, and both a masters and doctorate in counseling psychology.
Tamara helps employees identify and resolve personal concerns, including health, marital, family, financial, alcohol, drug, legal, emotional, stress, or other personal issues that may affect job performance. In addition, she is a board-certified coach specializing in workplace coaching and behavior change sustainability strategies. Tamara works as a coaching thought partner to assist professionals with career and life transitions, interpersonal and leadership challenges focusing on setting better goals and taking more effective action.
She has been serving as a DOT SAP for both FTA and FMCSA since 1997. She has been delivering nationwide SAP DOT training since 2008. She is a clinical consultant for the Northern California Teamsters Assistance Program.
She served as president of the Employee Assistance Professional Association from 2016-2018.