The Essentials of Human Resource Management (HRM) for EAP Professionals
Dates: Wednesday, February 10, 17 and 24, 2021
Duration: Three 3-hour sessions (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM Eastern U.S.)
Platform: EAPA ZoomRoom
Course Instructor: Tony Buon, CEAP
System Requirements: Computer/Laptop/Tablet with camera and microphone, reliable internet access.
Suitable for: All EAP Professionals including Account Managers, EAP Counsellors, CEAPs, and anyone working in EAPs who need to understand their clients better.
The Employee Assistance Professionals Association (EAPA) is excited to offer this live, online training course presented by global EAP and HRM expert Tony Buon, CEAP.
In business we are told to “understand your customer”, for the EAP Professional this means you need to understand the main purchasers and managers of EAPs, that is Human Resource (HR) Professionals. However, many EAP professional have only a limited understanding of the roles, responsibilities, philosophies, and strategies of HRM. In this contemporary and practical course, you will learn about the essentials of modern HRM, the ‘language’ of HR’, and how to work in partnership with HR Professionals in all types of organizations.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the history, thinking, and processes of HRM
- Describe the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ approaches to HRM and the impact of each on EAPs
- Identify the key elements of HR Strategy
- Discuss the challenges and needs of HR professionals
Course Content: This is a highly interactive online training programme that will allow the participants to engage with this important area. Topics covered include:
- Introduction to Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Models of HRM in the USA, Europe and Globally
- Hard and Soft HRM and why do EAP Professionals need to know the difference?
- Core areas, functions, and responsibilities of HRM
- Key areas of concern for HRM in the modern workplace
- Understanding Resourcing, Reward & Relations
- Performance management and EAP referrals
- Total reward and EAPs
- Emerging issues in HRM
- What HR want from EAPs – understanding your client
PDHs Awarded: 10 hours in Domain II (Includes nine hours of class contact and one hour of reading)
Pricing: $295 EAPA Member rate/ $395 Non-Member rate
About the Presenter: Tony Buon CEAP is a Psychologist, Educator and Author. He was previously an owner/director one of the leading global EAP providers and he has taught HRM in several leading universities up to MSc and MBA level. He has over 30-years’ experience in the field and has worked with many of the world’s largest organizations. He helped develop EAPs in numerous countries and has conducted research and published extensively in EAPs, HRM and Communication. Tony was formally the International Commissioner for the EACC and has trained 1000’s of EAP Professionals worldwide and would love to see you join this course.