EAPA Webinars Presents:
Improving your Cultural Intelligence
TRAINER: Tony Buon
DATE OF TRAINING: May 17th, 2021
TIME AND LENGTH OF SESSION: 12 Noon - 3:00 PM Eastern U.S., 3 hours total
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: May 14th at 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.
PDH INFORMATION: Approved by the EACC for 3 PDHs in Domain III
PRICING: $109 EAPA Member rate; $169 Non-Member rate
Suitable for: All EAP Professionals, including Account Managers, EAP Counsellors, CEAPs, and anyone working in EAPs.
The Employee Assistance Professionals Association (EAPA) is excited to offer this live, online training course presented by Workplace Psychologist & EAP Consultant Tony Buon.
This online course will introduce participants to the impact of culture on their EAP work. It will explore how a good understanding of cultural factors can help EAP Professionals develop a thoughtful and inclusive practice.
Cultural Intelligence (CI) is the capability to relate and work effectively across cultures. Culture has been a key competency in fields ranging from leadership, psychology, engineering, and finance to accounting and marketing. The higher your CI, the more likely you will experience success working in a diverse, globalized workplace.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop your competency in working and relating effectively with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Understand the limits of your own CI and know how to improve it
- Describe the meaning of each of the cultural value dimensions
- Assess your work and how to adjust it to apply your CI
Course Content: This is an interactive online training programme that will allow the participants to engage with this crucial area. Topics covered include:
- Developing your Cultural Intelligence (CI)
- The levels of culture
- How your personal Cultural Map impacts your work
- Using the research on the Dimensions of National Culture in EAP work
- Cross-cultural communication issues
About the Presenter: Tony Buon CEAP is a Psychologist, Consultant, and Author. Tony has extensive global experience and regularly teaches courses on Cultural Intelligence (CI) and has worked in over 35 countries since 1985. He regularly runs training and workshops in Africa, Asia, Europe, the USA, and the Middle East. Tony was formally the International Commissioner for the EACC and was previously an owner of one of the leading global EAP providers.