CEAP® certification must be renewed every three years from the date of initial CEAP certification.
CEAP recertification may be completed by either PDHs or the CEAP Learning Modules. Read below for detailed information.
Recertification may be completed up to 6 months prior to the CEAP® Status expiration date listed in the CEAP's User Account profile. As a courtesy, prior to the expiration date, a recertification application packet is mailed to each active CEAP.
Recertification by PDHs
Recertifying online is quick and easy! Sign in to eapassn.org and from the User Account profile, select “CEAP Certification” under the “Account Actions” menu. Click on the “folder” icon in the CERT column of the table at the bottom of the page. Attest the recertification requirements have been met and pay the recertification fee. Keep all supporting document for 90 days in case of Audit.
CEAPs who must pay by check or purchase order, select “Invoice Me” during the payment process. All others please pay by credit/debit card.
To recertify by PDHs:
- Complete sixty (60) hours of ANY EAP-related professional development/training (PDHs or CEs) within the dates of the current three-year certification period;
- Complete at least two (2) hours of EAP-related ethics training;
- Submit the recertification fee within 60 days following the certification expiration date;
- Be fully prepared to submit documentation if audited by the EACC; and
- Retain all documents for a minimum of 90 days post-renewal
Recertification by CEAP Learning Modules - NEW!
CEAPs may elect to recertify by completing the new CEAP Learning Modules in the EAPA Institute Online learning platform. CEAPs must complete all five (5) learning modules covering a variety of EAP topics in order to meet the requirements to recertify. In all the CEAP Learning Modules are expected to take 20 hours to complete, but may be broken up and completed self-paced online. Learning Modules 1-5 must be complete before the CEAP's expiration date in order to be used for CEAP Recertification.
To recertify by CEAP Learning Modules:
- Sign in to eapassn.org and from the User Account profile, select “CEAP Certification” under the “Account Actions” menu. Click on the “folder” icon in the CERT column of the table at the bottom of the page.
- Purchase the CEAP Learning Modules 1-5
- ($295 EAPA Member Rate / $395 Non Member Rate)
- Complete all modules 1-5 and pass the assessments for each module
- Pay the activation fee to activate the next three-year certification cycle
- ($225 EAPA Member Rate / $325 Non-Member Rate)
Learn More about the CEAP Learning Module Content
Each year a percentage of those recertifying are randomly selected for audit. If audited, the individual will be notified by postal mail and may not recertify online. Audited CEAPs must submit appropriate documentation of all PDHs earned within the recertification cycle.
Inactive CEAP Status
Interested in putting your CEAP on inactive status (hold)? Click here for Application
Questions? Email certification