The Journal of Employee Assistance
The Journal of Employee Assistance (JEA) is the quarterly magazine of the Employee Assistance Professionals Association, the world’s largest, oldest, and most respected membership organization for employee assistance professionals. The Journal is a professional development focused publication.
The Journal provides EAPA members with insights into trends and developments affecting the workplace and the workforce. Recent issues addressed in the Journal include the integration of employee assistance and work/life services, the credentialing of employee assistance professionals and programs, the need for legal and financial assistance programs in the workplace, recent developments in addiction treatment, and research on employee assistance programs and other subjects of interest to employee assistance professionals.
The Journal of Employee Assistance accepts advertising. Questions about advertising should be directed to the EAPA Development Manager by phone to 303-242-2046, by fax to 303-736-4390, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Journal is available only to EAPA members.
Submitting an Article
Articles submitted for publication in the Journal of Employee Assistance should be between 1,200 and 2,000 words in length and address some aspect of employee assistance programming, service delivery, professional education or training, or a related topic. If you would like to submit an article, you are encouraged to contact the editor at email@example.com to discuss its suitability for publication.
The JEA is seeking articles with an emphasis on the following:
- Marijuana in the workplace
- CIR/Workplace violence/PTSD/Disaster
- Legal and ethics topics
- Value of EAP/ROI/ How to market EAPs
- Culture/race/ageism/gender as they impact EA practice
- Newcomers survivor guide for those new to the EA profession
- Duty of Care
- Life coaching as part of EAP
- EAP and corrections
- EAPs and the refugee crisis
- Use of evidence based tools to showcase EAP effectiveness
- Iraq and Afghanistan veterans
- New system for integrating mental health into workplace wellness
- Executive coaching
- Impact of eldercare on workforce
For the JEA's most recent and upcoming publication dates, click here.
Beginning with the third quarter of 2007, articles from every Journal of Employee Assistance issue are archived in HTML format, available to EAPA members only. The HTML format makes it possible to search content via the EAPA website's SEARCH function. Prior to the third quarter of 2007, every JEA issue going back to the first quarter of 2005 is available in pdf format. Both members and non members can browse the Archive landing page which provides a comprehensive listing of archived issues and topics.
All requests for JEA article reprints should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
- EAPA staff can create and send PDFs of requested articles if available.
- Authors of JEA articles may share copies of their own articles from the JEA for educational use only. Proper citation of the JEA issue should be included when distributing.
- EAPA will not create PDFs of an entire JEA issue.
The EAPA Communications Advisory Panel meets annually at the EAPA Annual Conference to discuss issues related to the management and publication of the Journal and to develop an editorial calendar for the coming year. The members of the EAPA Communications Advisory Panel are:
- Andrea Lardani, co-chair
- Bernie McCann, co-chair
- Mark Attridge
- Nancy Board
- Dan Boissonneault
- Mark Cohen
- Donald Jorgensen
- Eduardo Lambardi
- Peizhong Li
- John Maynard
- Igor Moll
- Mike Jacquart - Editor
- Greg DeLapp - Chief Executive Officer
Mike Jacquart, Editor