ALL UPCOMING EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE EVENTS
EAPA Chapter/Branch Leader Virtual Town Hall Meetings
Meetings are hosted by the EAPA Board of Directors and include updates from the Board committees, task forces, and EAPA staff. All EAPA Chapter/Branch Leaders/Officers are encouraged to attend, and all EAPA members are welcome to attend and join the lively discussion. Forward any questions or suggestions for agenda topics to firstname.lastname@example.org. Meetings are held in the EAPA Zoom Room. Detailed agendas and log-in instructions are emailed to all current EAPA members prior to each meeting. Upcoming meetings are listed below:
- Thursday, May 20, 2021 3:00-4:00 PM USA East - Town Hall
- Thursday, August 12, 2021 3:00-4:00 PM USA East - Town Hall
- Thursday, December 9, 2021 12 noon–2:00 PM USA East - Annual Business Meeting & Town Hall
EAPA Labor Chapter Virtual Meetings
The EAPA Labor Chapter is entirely virtual. For more info about upcoming meetings, visit the chapter's website
EAPA San Diego Chapter Virtual Meetings
Monthly virtual “Chapter Chat” meetings on the last Friday of each month (12pm – 1pm PST):
These open chapter meetings focus on providing a regular forum for collegial discussion among Employee Assistance professionals and those interested in or connected with the Employee Assistance field. We discuss a variety of topics associated with the broader field of Employee Assistance. Chapter Chat meetings are open to all who are interested in attending. Registration is required. Please check out the chapter’s website for more information.
EAPA San Francisco Bay Area Chapter Virtual Meetings
The EAPA San Francisco Bay Area Chapter is offering monthly virtual Zoom meetings that are open to all. Details posted on the chapter website - click here for more information and to register.
- April 13: Erika Weaver, LCSW, presents Post Traumatic Growth: Rebuilding from 2020
- Click Here for details and to register!
EAPA Upper Midwest Chapter Virtual Meetings
The EAPA Upper Midwest Chapter is offering bimonthly virtual Zoom meetings that are open to all. Click here for chapter contact information.
- April 14: Dr Katie Connell, Chief Clinical Officer for Psybar, presents Psychological Fitness for Duty Evaluations: Best Practices for the Employer and the EAP
- Click Here for details and to register!
EAPA DC Chapter Virtual Meetings
The EAPA DC Chapter is hosting monthly virtual Zoom meetings that are open to all. RSVP required to attend and receive PDH certificate by email (fee applies to non-chapter members). Click here for more information and to register.
EAPA South Africa Branch EduWeb Online Seminars
The EAPA South Africa Branch is pleased to present ongoing virtual seminars. Click here for more info about all upcoming EduWeb seminars.
- May 7: Mrs Sorika de Swardt presents How Lockdown moved addiction online?
- Click here for details and to register!
- Presentation Abstract: With so many countries under strict levels of lockdown, and South Africa being one of the strictest in the world, one would think there is now an opportunity for self-care, family connection and personal and professional growth opportunities, albeit online much of the time. It seems the opposite happened for most people. Whenever trauma hits us, (and COVID and lockdown is major personal and collective trauma), we want to escape the pain, seek pleasure and we increasingly yearn for meaningful connection. But. you cannot leave the house to go to the park, church, gymnasium, do your work in a way that feels meaningful or even visit family and friends. What to do?
That is where the internet played it’s part. What would we have done without it? But the other side of the token is that all addictions have increased disproportionately. Compulsive online shopping, online gaming, gambling, online trading, pornography, sex addiction, digital addiction, and yes, even exercise and work addition are all at their tipping points. What is even more surprising for some is that prohibition did not work. More people in the world smoked, used alcohol and used other substances throughout lockdown and continues to do so.
At some point, or at various points in the future, this scenario will repeat. How did it change the workplace, the safe space that was supposed to be home, the healthy activities that now became additions or compulsive pacifiers? And where to go forward.
Our seminars are limited to 200 people. If the delegates, do not manage to get into the seminar, please watch the seminar live on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/eapasa/live/
EAPA INTERNATIONAL AND CHAPTER/BRANCH MEETINGS & CONFERENCES
Colorado EAPA Chapter April Half Day Training Conference
April 9, 2021 - see flyer
2021 Alabama EAPA Chapter Conference
The Alabama EAPA chapter conference at the Phoenix West Condominiums in Orange Beach, Alabama, has been rescheduled to May 6 and 7, 2021. An attendee can earn up to 10 contact hours and the hours are NBCC, NAADAC, EACC, Alabama social work board and Alabama board of nursing approved. For more information, visit the chapter website
2021 EAPA Institute & EXPO - In Houston and Virtual
The EAPA Institute & EXPO will be held in Houston, Texas, USA at the Hilton Americas hotel from September 24-26 (Main Conference Dates); EXPO Open September 23-25; Pre-Conference Training Courses September 22-23; DOT/SAP Special Training September 27-28. Virtual offerings will be available for the first time! For more information, visit the EAPA Institute webpage
2021 Greater Wisconsin EAPA Chapter Conference
Conference to be held in October 21-22, 2021 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Milwaukee Airport. For more information, visit the chapter website
EAP Institute Ireland
The Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) Institute Ireland is offering certified online courses throughout the year. Presenters will include Maurice Quinlan Director of the EAP Institute Waterford Ireland and Don Jorgensen PhD, Human Factor Consulting, LLC USA. For more information on individual courses/dates, click here.