ALL UPCOMING EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE EVENTS
EAPA Chapter/Branch Leader Town Hall Meetings
Meetings are hosted by the EAPA Board of Directors and include updates from the Board committees, task forces, and EAPA staff. There is plenty of time for discussion on topics that interest you! Forward any questions or suggestions for agenda topics to firstname.lastname@example.org. Meetings are held in the EAPA Zoom Room. Detailed agendas and log-in instructions are emailed to all current EAPA members prior to each meeting. 2021 meetings are listed below:
- Thursday, February 18, 2021 3:00-4:00 PM USA East - Town Hall
- Thursday, May 20, 2021 3:00-4:00 PM USA East - Town Hall
- Thursday, August 12, 2021 3:00-4:00 PM USA East - Town Hall
- Thursday, December 9, 2021 12 noon–2:00 PM USA East - 2021 Annual Business Meeting & Town Hall
Labor Chapter Virtual Meetings
The Labor Chapter is entirely virtual. For more info about upcoming meetings, visit http://www.eapassn.org/labor.
EAPA DC Chapter Virtual Meetings
The EAPA DC Chapter is hosting monthly virtual meetings that are open to all. RSVP required to attend and receive PDH certificate by email (fee applies to non-chapter members). Click here for more information and to register.
EAPA South Africa Branch EduWeb Online Seminar Series
Up Next: January 20: Substance Abuse During the Pandemic and the Effects of Prohibition
There is no cost to attend this webinar.
For many individuals in treatment the isolation and increased stress that the pandemic has brought with it has made the road to recovery more challenging, and for many who unwittingly use alcohol or nicotine to manage mild mental health issues such as anxiety, this has been a difficult time. The prohibition on both alcohol and cigarette sales has also had its impact on many.
The presentation will cover:
- The current context of substance abuse in South Africa
- The process of addiction
- The intention behind the ban of cigarettes sales and the alcohol prohibition
- The impact of Lockdown on substance abuse
- Possible signs and symptoms of substance abuse in the workplace
- The opposite of addiction is connection: the threat of isolation, and the importance of connecting and accessing help for substance abuse issues
- Thoughts on the way forward for the workplace and EAP practitioners
EAPA INTERNATIONAL AND CHAPTER/BRANCH MEETINGS & CONFERENCES
2021 Alabama EAPA Conference
The Alabama EAPA chapter conference (originally scheduled for May 5-8, 2020) at the Phoenix West Condominiums - Orange Beach, Alabama, has been rescheduled to May 2021. An attendee can earn up to 20 contact hours and the hours are NBCC, NAADAC, EACC, Alabama social work board and Alabama board of nursing approved. For more information, visit https://eapa-al.com/conference.
EAPA 2021 Houston Conference & EXPO at the Hilton Americas - Houston
Conference to be held in Houston, Texas, USA from September 24-26 (Main Conference Dates); EXPO Open September 23-25; Pre-Conference Training Courses September 22-23; DOT/SAP Special Training September 27-28. Further information will be announced soon on the EAPA Conference website.
EAP Institute announces 2021 program
The Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) Institute Ireland announces certified online courses for 2021. Presenters will include Maurice Quinlan Director of the EAP Institute Waterford Ireland and Don Jorgensen PhD, Human Factor Consulting, LLC USA. For more information on individual courses/dates, click here.